Wednesday, September 13, 2023

 

Read 15 Minutes A Day

20 Books To The Equivalent of A Masters Degree. 


I have a challenge for the readers of my blog. My Challenge is to read an interesting and informative book for just 15 minutes a day. This could easily be the 15 minutes before you fall asleep at night. You might not realize it but if you read 15 minutes a day using any of the techniques and applications outlined in this blog, you will be able to read 10 books a year! 


What can be accomplished by reading 10 books a year. If you read in a concentrated field such as psychology, history, political science, business or English literature you will have read the equivalent of a masters degree. I call this my “20 books to a masters degree.”


A masters degree usually requires 30 credit hours with each course being worth three credits. This adds up to 10 courses. For each course you read a main book and another book as supplementary research. This adds up to 20 books to complete the equivalent of a masters degree from a college or university.


It is important to choose something that interests you. If it interests you, you will be motivated to read each day. For example, my friend who loves history read a book on the American Civil War and a biography of Abraham Lincoln. He went on to read other books on American History and biographies of important people in U.S. History. In two years he completed the equivalent of a masters degree in U.S. History. Again these books interested him and he was motivated to read them.


My 20 books were in the field of reading theory, reading instruction and dyslexia. All of my books were checked out from Bookshare.org an internet library for dyslexic and print impaired readers. I will discuss Bookshare.org in my next post. In this way I read my 10 books a year for the yearly library fee of $79. Imagine my feeling of accomplishment, the knowledge of a masters degree for just $158 and 15 minutes a day.


So set your goal to read 15 minutes a day in a book that interests and motivates you.
If you would like to listen to this post and my other blog posts go to my website:

jamesnuttallphd.com






Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]